In an effort to express on of our core values, “Taking Responsibility for the Community as we Live, Work, and Play,” The Grove has committed to support and encourage the staff, students, and families connected to Adrian Burnett Elementary. Listed below you’ll see the various ways you are able to be involved through this partnership. At various times throughout the year, we will also provide other unique opportunities for you to show the love of Jesus to the school. Use the form below to let us know you are interested.
- Blessing the teacher of the month with a freshly baked gift… If you love to bake, then here’s a great way to use your gift. Each month, we recognize the teacher of the month with a special gift and the entire staff with refreshments at their monthly staff meeting.
- Handwriting encouragement letters to the school staff… Everyone needs more encouragement? If you are great with words and encouragement overflows from within you, then take a few minutes each month to send handwritten letters to the school.
- Meal for the Staff… Prepare items for a staff breakfast later this fall and/or next semester. We’ll keep you informed about the specific items we’ll need once the dates are finalized.
- Double-Up on a Snack Item… We’re helping provide afternoon snacks for Kindergarten and 1st grade students. These snacks are important for helping the kids finish their day well and stay attentive because they eat lunch around 10:15. A portion of our offerings are budgeted to help provide snacks for the school, but in addition to that, there’s another way you can help… At your weekly trip to the grocery store, double up on one popular snack item that you would normally buy and bring the extra one with you on Sundays as a donation to the school.
- Providing a Thanksgiving meal basket… Help families enjoy Thanksgiving.
- Sponsoring a family for Christmas… Provide gifts that will be a blessing to a family in need.
- Tutoring or assisting in the classroom… Make a teacher’s life easier by providing extra instruction and/or hands of assistance.